Saturday, June 30, 2007

It's Underway (sort of)

I had my next meeting with Dr. Pirani and it went well. He was pleased with the notes I had worked out with regard to the mobile clinics and noted that I had cast a wide net. However, most of what happens in Uganda is about sustainability and using available resources, etc. Duh.

So, Dr. Pirani has given me some names to contact and hopefully get involved with this project. He also gave me the name and number of a young man who just returned from Uganda after two months there. Interestingly enough he was doing research on the non-compliance with clubfoot there and the reasons behind it, so this ties in nicely with what I want to do. I haven't had the chance to call him yet, but plan to do so right away.

This is getting very exciting!

I have to call the Travel Medicine and Vaccination Centre to set up an appointment with them right away as I figure I will need about 10 vaccinations before I go. Yipes! Better get going on that right away!

No comments: